Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  August 11, 2017 6:00pm-7:00pm PDT

6:00 pm
maybe with hillary's bleach bit. that's about it. tune in each night at 8:00 for the show that's the sworn enemy of lying, smugness, tucker back on monday. have a great week end. "the five" are next. >> hello, i'm >> hello. i'm we're live in new york city and this is "the five." from fire and fury to locked and loaded, president trump sending out more alarms to warn kim jong-un that if they launch an attack, his country will face dire circumstances. he followed up this afternoon with this. >> i hope that they are going to fully understand the gravity of what i said and what i said is
6:01 pm
what i mean, so hopefully they will understand, peter, exactly what i said and the meaning of those words. those words are very, very easy to understand. >> and then he elaborated. >> and this man will not get away with what he's doing, believe me. and if he utters one threat in the form of an overt threat, which he's been uttering for years and his family has been uttering for years or if he does anything with respect to guam or anyplace else that's an important territory or an american ally, he will truly regret it and regret it fact. >> a few hours later, the president addressed the threat again from his new jersey home alongside his top advisors. >> nobody loves a peaceful solution more than president trump, that i can tell you. hopefully it will work out. this has been going on for many years. it would have been easier to solve this years ago before they were in the position that they were in. we will see what happens.
6:02 pm
we think lots of good things chap. if anything happens to guam, there will be big, big trouble in north korea. >> all right. so i just asked greg, what are the good things that are going to happen. they're going to be good things. >> fire and fury, locked and loaded, those are chuck norris's safe words. donald trump is using our language, which not political language but our language, it's blunt, it's hard. he's negotiating. he's in a different position. and i feel like every president has -- north korea has been part of the employee orientation. it's like every time you have a president, oh, you have to go through the north korean thing. get past it. >> set it aside. >> he's doing it in a different way, because i think he's seeing a different way of doing it, i.e., getting the sanctions agreed upon by three different factions, was a plus.
6:03 pm
and he's speaking to north korea in their survivalist language. they're bluffing. he's calling their bluff. bottom line -- we aren't going to do anything until they do something, so are they going to do something? i think we just sit and -- be calm about guam. >> and there's nothing else we can do. earlier today we talked to "the wall street journal" bureau chief in seoul. i said, what is the mood there? he said, people have lived with this for a couple of decades. they're not really worried. there are back channels, front channel. i had say this. you say that. good cop, bad cop. he was asked a question, someone said, what about when kim jong-un said this, and president trump said, "i don't any it was he that said that." until i hear him say it, i will not react. i thought that was an
6:04 pm
interesting thing, maybe a signal to kim jong-un that there's an opening. >> trump takes this north korea situation personally. he believes that kim jong-un has disrespected trump, america, and our allies in the region and donald trump, if anything, he's big into respect. i don't think he's doing anything differently than any other u.s. commander-in-chief would do to protect our allies and our territories. he's just saying it a little differently. and you don't want to bluff the ultimate bluffer. this is trump's game. he's a real estate tycoon in manhattan. this is how they price things out. this is how they evict people. this is how they negotiate contracts. i don't think that kim knows what he's getting into. he's doing what is very smart. you are not just going to threaten san francisco or
6:05 pm
california. you are not going to threaten qualm. -- guam. the fact that it's being protect the as if it was a state and was our core ally, draws a line in the sand. >> it's so much closer to north korea. >> it's a forward-operating base and that's where we had all the b-52s. >> are you insulting all of america? >> you go in the street and ask where guam is. they think it's dinner. >> there's a woman at the "washington post" and she did, all the questions you ever want to know about guam and she grew up there. >> i think i need to do a "watters world" in guam. i will be back in about a week. >> i do know people that would like to you go there. >> half the country. >> prearranged trip. >> i do think there's been some
6:06 pm
successes beyond the saturday security council vote that was 15-0, because today china said that it will not get involved with north korea but it would stay neutral and that was a signal to the north koreans, again, i think the administration talking to the different players on a different path, so i think there's more diplomacy going on than meets the eye when you see the president make comments like that. >> and i think the president stepping up in that way was significant. i hope that kim listened. i also agree that the president is -- this is his game. this is how he talks. he talks big to hopefully intimidate or persuade. problem is, i don't know that kim knows that. i don't think that kim sees it that way. we talked about it last night. he's the kind of guy that you got back at him with the same
6:07 pm
language he uses, it may escalate his actions. >> does kim want to find out? that's the calculation he has to make. >> and the way the president has talked, using the exact same language, just slightly different, slightly softened terms, but essentially saying the same thing. president obama did it. peace-loving, hippie president obama said if north korea ants, they will be annihilated. >> but an attack was not imminent. the intel shows that it's coming to a head. >> and north korea said it's coming to a head because they've given us a time and a place and i think that the perfect he's is summ surmizing this more than in the past. we're hearing today in the aftermath of this that there are diplomatic back channels and some sort of a dialogue and that's the most interesting thing and to get back to something that you said at the
6:08 pm
beginning of the show, greg, you're absolutely right. you said that this is the part of the presidential orientation that every administration despises. north korea, unfortunately, is part of the three failures -- peace in the middle east, friendly relationship with russia and disarming a nuclear north korea. every administration tries to do the same thing with all three in slightly different ways and so far they've all failed. >> you are saying that trump cannot beat north korea, bring peace to the middle east, and cozy up to russia? cushner is headed over there. >> and four, fix healthcare. >> obama messed it up so badly -- >> and balance the budget. >> can we play a sound bite from oliver north about sanction snz >> i'm not sure. >> the problem with sanctions
6:09 pm
is, they take too damn long. bottom line, it needs to be shut down in days, not weeks or months and certainly not in years. >> president trump said that they are considering more sanctions at the a higher level. >> sanctioning who? >> he didn't say. i would imagine more with kim because one of the things that he likes to do to keep everybody around him happy is give them gifts, lavish gifts, and if he's cut -- if you cut off his ability to do that, maybe the people in the military will get antsy and turn on him. >> i think you have to sanction and hit everybody including -- and i said this before -- north korea is bad, but so are its parents that neglected and deprived it and so you have to hit china. the easiest replex is to attribute irrationality to north korea. this guy is nuts and we make fun of this nutty, crazy character. embracing the assumption that he's irrational writes off any of the options.
6:10 pm
none of it will work, because he will starve his people, but there's a rationality behind this bluffing. >> and it speaks to his control and authoritarian control where he uses propaganda and starvation and prison camps to keep his society in line. >> yeah. >> you look at other regimed like this and they have sort of this goal that they want a big land mass. he wants more and more land and kim jong-un doesn't operate in the same way. he wants unification of korea on his terms, so south korea becomes north korea. there are two things that make this time in our history very different. one is what you said. and we have to put pressure on china and we realize that in a way that wasn't as evident in
6:11 pm
past administrations. >> he likes his liquor and videogames and movies. >> and dennis rodman. >> so it's about survival for him and i think the north korean economy is $20 billion and sanctions is $1 billion. so it's a bite, but not a big bite. >> you know what we haven't talked about and remaining calm is good, but there's a huge international event happening in six months and that's the winter olympics that will take place in seoul in february. >> it will be fascinating to see how the next couple of months play out. the olympics take place. you get all of these athletes from around the world that go there. those that do go. >> you cannot allow the north korean teams to participate, correct? >> you cannot allow north korea to do anything that would put the athletes behind a septer of danger. that's the bigger concern.
6:12 pm
>> cancel the olympics. here's why. it's too much. every two years. i liked it when they were both every four years because then i looked forward to it. i get exhausted by it. and it hurts our ratings. >> that's the real reason. >> you have to appreciate it. i think christmas should be every other year, but that's just me. >> more to come. the president had words for those who say he's talking too tough on north korea. stay tuned. more ahead. this is crabfest at red lobster. with choices like the classic crab lover's dream and new favorites like dueling crab legs with dungeness and snow crab. it's happening right now right here at crabfest. red lobster. now this is seafood. ltry align probiotic.n your digestive system? for a non-stop, sweet treat goodness, hold on to your tiara kind of day. get 24/7 digestive support, with align. the #1 doctor recommended probiotic brand.
6:13 pm
also in kids chewables.
6:14 pm
can make anyone slow downt and pull up a seat to the table. that's why she takes the time to season her turkey to perfection, and make stuffing from scratch. so that you can spend time on what really matters. marie callender's. it's time to savor.
6:15 pm
for years, centurylink has been promising fast internet to small businesses. but for many businesses, it's out of reach. why promise something you can't deliver? comcast business is different. ♪ ♪ we deliver super-fast internet
6:16 pm
with speeds of 250 megabits per second across our entire network, to more companies, in more locations, than centurylink. we do business where you do business. ♪ ♪ >> back now to president trump's new stern warnings for north korea. the president's been receiving pushback from some critics like former national security advisor susan rice, who don't like this tough talk aimed at kim jong-un. >> preemptive war, if one were thinking of executing that would be catastrophic. trump's initial threat was tied to not an attack on the u.s., which we need to be clear about, but kim jong-un making another
6:17 pm
threat. so we need to be careful, measured, and planned in our rhetoric. >> president trump had this to say to her and others. >> if somebody else uttered the exact same words that i uttered, they would say, what a great statement, wonderful statement. i will tell you, we have tens of millions of people in this country that are so happy with what i'm saying because they're saying, finally we heavy a president that's sticking up for our nation and, frankly, sticking up for our friends and our allies. >> and rush limbaugh certainly supports that. >> now members of congress are worried that his blunt and provocative warning to north korea could lead to war. what does this mean? it means that wimpism has taken over the washington establishment, that wussism and wimpism and pajama-boyism has taken over. north korea is a zit on the butt
6:18 pm
of a pig. and there's no reason to be afraid of it. w would we run around afraid of a zit on a pig? >> colorful language from rich limbaugh. if president obama had threatened north korea with fire and fury, pajama-boy would have leapt off the couch and said it's the greatest day by a commander-in-chief. >> possibly. i want to address the people on twitter i have pink eye. so stop making fun of my glasses. >> i like them. >> i get the sense that the media fears trump more than north korea and they also fear donald trump being right. it bothers them that at times they would have to go, maybe that was harsh. susan rice wrote a piece in "the new york times" in which she
6:19 pm
described kim jong-un's language as "colorful" but trump's as "dangerous." it's an interesting thing. they have to settle down and get used to the fact that this is how he operates. and this is how he negotiates. and this is the language he uses and relax. and rush is right. you are talking about 25 people in a dark prison. that's north korea. it's a very tiny -- >> it's 180,000 people in prison camps. susan rice and james clapper and john brennan can go away. go away. they're no longer in power. their opinions are no longer required. they can go away. they're not helping. how would president obama like it if louis freeh and john as
6:20 pm
john ashcroft were slapping out their happy tunes. >> for susan rice, who has very little credibility at this point to come out and criticize president trump for mishandling a threat that her administration dumped in his lap is ir responsible. >> everybody has a right to their opinion. >> i disagree. [laughter] >> a lot of people didn't support president obama that were clear about his opinion while he was in office. she has a right to voice hers. i have mine, right? and my opinion is that this president with the way he's escalating the rhetoric, makes me a little bit nervous. i disagree with rush. north korea is a zit on a pig that has a nuclear weapon now. we can talk about how --
6:21 pm
>> or maybe 60 of them. >> we can talk about how we got there, right? and i think every administration leading up to this one bears responsibility for that, democrat and republican, 100%. but escalating a war of words with a person who thrives on that, i just don't know if that's the right way. i hope there's a multifaceted strategy here. i believe that some of the people that he's surrounded himself with, people like nikki haley, are proving themselves to be quite good, right, the way she navigated the security council, what we saw out of china today. >> uh-huh. >> all of that is very helpful. but when the president continues to escalate the rhetoric the way he did not only with north korea, but tossing out their cavalierly today the notion of military action against venezuela -- >> i loved that. can i tell you why?
6:22 pm
sorry, dana. there are two things -- you hear good cop-bad cop. in this case, you have a lot of good cops and a bad cop. you have trump and pence and haley. it's a way to say to the world that we can handle north korea with one hand and do stuff on the other. >> walk and chew gum at the same time. >> it's saying that north korea is a priority, but we have other stuff to deal with. it's a psychological trick, a persuasive trick. >> closing argument, ms. perino. >> i will talk about venezuela then. if the regime in venezuela gets nervous and backs off hurting innocent people, it would not necessarily be a bad thing. i don't think for a second that the president is contemplating military action in venezuela. if they're worried, that's fine. i have that label, the neo con
6:23 pm
label, but i was criticized so heavily by trump supporters. now i'm for that. so when you become president things look a lot different. you get the briefings. and the reason i think that he -- we'll just have to trust him. he's the president we have. the concern about rhetoric, he's the one that up have. so he does not want nuclear war. he knows his ultimate responsibility, solemn obligation, is to protect the united states of america. he will do that. he's surrounded by good people that have been dealing with crises their entire life. maybe not one just quite like this and perhaps why you have a poll that says that 82% of americans say they fear nuclear war with north korea. it's a healthy fear, as long as it doesn't get in the way of your daily life. we have to trust the president. >> and the president spoke to the leader of guam today and we have some tape for you. let's hear that. >> good morning.
6:24 pm
it's great to speak to you. and i wanted to pay my respects and we're with you 1,000%. you are safe. we're with you 1,000%. and i wanted to tell you and say hello. >> mr. president, as the governor of guam representing the people of guam and as an american citizen, i've never felt so safe or confident with you at the helm. with all the criticism going on over there, from a guy that's being targeted, we need a president like you, so i'm so thankful and i'm glad you are holding the helm, sir. >> they will not have to leak that transcript. [laughter] >> next, we delve into another controversy. we'll tell you about that drama when "the five" returns. one wit, and i know that we have accident forgiveness. so the incredibly minor accident that i had tonight- four weeks without the car. okay, yup. good night. with accident forgiveness your rates won't go up just because of an accident. switching to allstate is worth it.
6:25 pm
but prevagen helps your brain with an ingredient originally discovered... in jellyfish. in clinical trials, prevagen has been shown to improve short-term memory. prevagen. the name to remember. (boy) and these are the lungs. (class) ewwww! (boy) sorry. (dad) don't worry about it. (mom) honey, honey, honey, honey! (vo) at our house, we need things that are built to last. that's why we got a subaru. (avo) love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru. get 0% apr financing for 63 months on all new 2017 subaru legacy models. now through august 31st.
6:26 pm
6:27 pm
atmore than one flavor, oruch texture, or color.ing. a good clean salad is so much more than green. and with panera catering, more for your event. panera. food as it should be. if you have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis,... ...isn't it time to let the real you shine through? maybe it's time for otezla (apremilast). otezla is not an injection or a cream.
6:28 pm
it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable after just 4 months,... ...with reduced redness,... ...thickness, and scaliness of plaques. and the otezla prescribing information has... ...no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't use if you're allergic to otezla. otezla may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. tell your doctor if these occur. otezla is associated with an increased... ...risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have... ...a history of depression... ...or suicidal thoughts,... ...or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla... ...reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. other side effects include upper... ...respiratory tract infection and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take... ...and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ask your dermatologist about otezla today. otezla. show more of you.
6:29 pm
>> sammy haggar, not my choice. centennial school board in my hometown, portland, oregon, voted to change the names of three schools with "lynch" in the title, because of the concern of racial connotation. it was named for the lynch family that donated the land for the schools a century ago. here's the school board chair. >> we are doing what we believe is right for our children. we have children of color and other cultures and we want to be sure they can cross the threshold of those schools and be comfortable within their surroundings. >> so, greg, do you think it's doing the greatest service to children to not teach them to
6:30 pm
differentiate between a verb and a noun? [laughter] >> that's -- shouldn't stop there. they should go over loretta lynch, james lynch, jane lynch. who does this satisfy? it seatisfies outrage addicts looking for a cause. it's fake outrage syndrome. it makes them feel good. i believe it's a sickness to feel strongly about something like this. portland, they're upset about words. and what is happening in portland? it's a hotbed of violence and going after people. so instead of going after the people beating up peaceful protesters, which happened last week, you are going after den -- benign words. it's sad. it's pathetic. you should not be teaching kids.
6:31 pm
>> there's a high school in portland called benson. it was a sitcom in the '80s. or reed college. think about the people so upset about an american teenager being caned with a reed. he can should spell it with a k and a c. and there's hanging rock state park in north carolina. this is how countries fall. it's the beginning of the end. if you are out in portland and you are feeling rebellious because young people are going -- like the teens of today are going to be way more conservative than their parents, go to itunes and download everything from dustin lynch, country western singer. it's a rebellious act. >> if i was black and i went to lynch school, maybe i would think about it, like oh, my
6:32 pm
gosh, this is upsetting, but i would be thinking, what's for desert? what are we doing at recess? these kids are in elementary school. they're not worried about the connotations of linking in the 19th century. it's crazy. my mother is a child psychologist. she had to make up for what happened to me. [laughter] >> overcompensation. >> a key to a successful child and successful adulthood is resiliency, if you can withstand drama and uncomfortable things. no one wants children to be uncomfortable anymore. no one wants people to feel anything other than perfect happiness. if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe or a thought, a negative thought, you try to protect people from negative thinking, and that's where the term snowflake comes from. it's an overused word but it's apt here because people melt at the slightest bit of
6:33 pm
temperature. >> yet every one is unique and they melt quickly. >> tell me you are going to defend this. >> three points, i'm a proud liberal. as person of color, i'm hyped up on racial insensitivity issues. this is ridiculous. >> case closed. we don't need to hear the second. [laughter] >> number two, the outrage is also overhyped. they changed lynch view school to patrick lynch. >> the other two are -- >> they just haven't renamed them yet. >> so whatever. but the third point i would make, respectfully to my conservative friends, for all the talk about, here we are sitting around a table in new york city talking about what a school in portland, oregon, should or shouldn't do, right, it's a local issue. let them decide it. if they're getting the pushback from the community it appears they're getting, great. >> but it's legal precedent. there are cultural precedents that we can pour over to examine
6:34 pm
what is going on in our lives and make appropriate remedies so we don't fall prey. >> and this is how the nation crumbles. it's the first that we'll hear falling, lynch. shots fired. >> jesse, be careful what you say. >> was that insensitive? [laughter] >> former president obama's been living it up in retirement. what a great time he's having. there is word that he could be coming out of it pretty soon to help save his stinking party. they're in dire straits. that's next. if a denture were to be put under a microscope, we could see all the bacteria that still exists. polident's unique micro clean formula works in just 3 minutes,
6:35 pm
killing 99.99% of odor causing bacteria. for a cleaner, fresher, brighter denture every day. for a cleaner, fresher, alzheimer's disease the fi is out there.survive and the alzheimer's association is going to make it happen by funding scientific breakthroughs, advancing public policy, and providing local support to those living with the disease and their caregivers. but we won't get there without you. visit alz.org to join the fight.
6:36 pm
only new tena intimates has ♪ it'pro-skin technologyiend
6:37 pm
designed to quickly wick away moisture to help maintain your skin's natural balance. for a free sample, call 1-877-get-tena. (hard exhalation) honey? can we do this tomorrow? (grunts of effort) can we do this tomorrow? if you have heart failure symptoms, your risk of hospitalization could increase, making tomorrow uncertain. but entresto is a medicine that was proven, in the largest heart failure study ever, to help more people stay alive and out of the hospital than a leading heart failure medicine. women who are pregnant must not take entresto. it can cause harm or death to an unborn baby. don't take entresto with an ace inhibitor or aliskiren. if you've had angioedema while taking an ace or arb medicine, don't take entresto. the most serious side effects are angioedema, low blood pressure, kidney problems, or high potassium in your blood. ♪ tomorrow, tomorrow... ♪ when can we do this again, grandpa?
6:38 pm
well, how about tomorrow? ask your doctor about entresto and help make tomorrow possible. ♪ ♪ award winning interface. award winning design. award winning engine. the volvo xc90. the most awarded luxury suv of the century. this august visit your local volvo dealer to receive sommar savings of up to $4,500. >> i have one question for you, new hampshire. are you ready to go? fired up? ready to go? fired up? ready to go. let's go finish what we started.
6:39 pm
>> president obama's effort to help democrats keep the white house in november fell short, but apparently he's fired up and ready to go again to help save the democratic party. there are reports that he will re-emerge into the political scene to help democrats rebuild. dana, you worked for a president at the end of his term. >> i think everybody gets to make their own choice. and what president bush said from the beginning of his second term is, when it's over, i will not seek this life. he moved on and created the center down in dallas and he rarely speaks out on anything political. the only time he was about to is when president obama did not defend the c.i.a. interrogators, but then vice president cheney went and did that. to i think in some ways, president bush has just chosen a different path. >> he did go out on the trail, right, for candidates later on? >> yeah, but quietly, senate races and things like that. he was an unpopular president
6:40 pm
when he left. it's not like john mccain wanted him campaigning with him. in fact, john mccain made sure that president bush didn't go to the last g.o.p. convention. >> it's interesting, because there's a difference between a past president keeping his party together, which is wholly appropriate, since we're seeing civil wars in both parties, so you have the sanders' wing, which is gaining momentum as we see single-payer on the horizon. so there's worry for establishment democrats that the sanders' wing will eclipse and cost them more elections. it's popular with a vocal minority, which is millennials and younger voters, it's not something that resonates with the critical part of the country that's still economically hurting and response to populism and centrist. if president obama comes in, you
6:41 pm
will see the democratic party that has time to remake itself before 2018. >> you see a map that's difficult for my party, with a lot of defensive seats they have to take care of. you also see a former president, who is fairly popular right now. how do you see that dynamic playing out? >> he was their only star and they didn't go to the trouble to build a bench. there was no bench behind him. that's how sanders was able to pop in because they didn't have anybody else. so the party cruised on his charisma. and now you are seeing a glaring lack of vision and new ideas. the democratic party sounds old and stale because they have old and stale candidates. i would love to stop talking about president obama, but he's there because it's all they got. we played van halen with sammy
6:42 pm
haggar singing lead. that's the problem. president obama is the david lee roth of the democratic party. >> hillary clinton is the gary sharone. >> nicely done! beautiful. >> obama is the guy that steals your girlfriend and tries to give you relationship advice. [laughter] what are you doing? you destroyed the party. you lost 1,000 seats in the last couple of years. it's been destroyed. great analogy. cruise on his charisma. it's exactly right. it's exactly right, gutfeld. the guy had it all. he won re-election because people thought he was a decent man and they didn't like mitt romney, but policies he enacted all failed, foreign and domestic. and now they're left holding nothing. and he will come back and be a punching bag for donald trump.
6:43 pm
trump will love obama coming back. first hillary and then obama. >> the democratic numbers are higher than trump, but it will not be enough because the democratic party needs to articulate what it will be moving forward. >> stay right there. "facebook friday" up next. when it comes to heartburn, trust the brand doctors trust. nexium 24hr is the number one choice of doctors and pharmacists for their own frequent heartburn. and all day, all night protection. when it comes to heartburn, trust nexium 24hr. you totanobody's hurt, new car. but there will still be pain. it comes when your insurance company says they'll only pay
6:44 pm
three-quarters of what it takes to replace it. what are you supposed to do? drive three-quarters of a car? now if you had liberty mutual new car replacement™, you'd get your whole car back. i guess they don't want you driving around on three wheels. smart. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, we'll replace the full value of your car. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. ♪ [vo] progress is seizing the moment. your summer moment awaits you now that the summer of audi sales event is here. audi will cover your first month's lease payment on select models during the summer of audi sales event.
6:45 pm
6:46 pm
6:47 pm
>> one of the greatest movies ever. "facebook friday," one of my favorite things in the world. this is from michael g. "who was the first famous person you met in person." great question. >> hmm. i have a great one. >> i have two -- three. terry porter, the portland trail blazer. dan reed from the dan reed network, very popular in portland when i was growing up. and mc hammer in a parking garage at the marriott hotel right on broadway when i was in high school and made a theater trip to the great white way to take in some broadway.
6:48 pm
>> you have the best celebrity story of all time involving michael jordan. >> i do. >> playing dice on the men's room floor. >> let's skip the rest of the story. >> fortunately, i won the game. >> quentin marcellus. i went to see his jazz show when i was 18. he sang happy birthday to me. >> i met dr. j at a sixers' game, julius erving, for those of you that don't know. >> not a real doctor. >> he gave me a checkup, dana. [laughter] and then i got his autograph and then i lost it. >> i've done that. >> i grew up in wyoming and colorado and there are not that many celebrities, but i think i met john elway when i was a kid.
6:49 pm
he was the quarterback for the denver broncos. it might not have been. sammy winder, i remember, i think he was a wide receiver or a running back, i met him. >> stop. >> i would say me, because i saw my -- i met myself early. no, no. we used to go to car shows. my dad would take me to car shows. kent mcchord and martin milner, come on, people, "adam 12." i got autographs of both of them. >> no idea who that is. >> you were like minus 10 when "adam 12" was on. second question, this is a good one. from bill j., "what was your favorite childhood television show and who was your favorite character." do not say "little house on the prairie." >> why? it was my favorite show.
6:50 pm
>> i liked -- laura was the older one and what was the middle one's name. melissa gilbert played -- >> wow, it was your favorite show. >> i would get dropped off from the bus at 3:40 and the show started at 4:00, but it was like a 20-minute walk, so i would run from the bus stop and it was up a big hill. i would turn it on just in time because we didn't have dvrs. >> wyoming sounds really fun. [laughter] "dukes of hazzard." bo and luke were one of my favorites and uncle jesse, too. >> boss hog. >> "dukes of hazzard" and "a-team." >> "different strokes," and i loved gary coleman and "dallas," j.r. ewing i loved the villain. my mom would let me stay up late
6:51 pm
on friday nights and we would watch "dallas" together. >> "falcon crest?" >> no. or "knots landing." >> it's "batman" and also don rickles. >> and i liked "wkrp in cincinnati." >> "what fictional character would you like to meet?" [laughter] >> i will go with the hobbit. >> if i fictional character. i could get in big trouble if i say mine. >> frodo or gollum? >> wait, wait, no. gollum was not the hobbit. >> no. he had the ring and lost it. >> but he took the ring. >> frodo. >> that's the movie.
6:52 pm
i didn't see the movie. i read the books. >> that's a great question. i think i would like to meet jane eyre. >> you are so smart. >> nice. >> i'm reading harry potter with my daughter right now so, i'm all in on hagrit. >> gosh, this is tough. i would love to meet the flinstones. [laughter] in south dakota, there was a flintstones park, it was life-sized. and you could drive the cars and go into the houses. >> yabba-dabba-doo. >> do you know who i met? i met homer simpson. i did a show on fox. judith regan had a show. and the guy sitting next to me is dan castoletta. when you ask people to do voices, they don't like doing
6:53 pm
it, except for him. i would say, could you be homer simpson and he was homer simpson the entire time and you had goosebumps because you were listening to him and looking at him. you were with homer simpson. it was the freakiest experience of my life. with an unlimited mileage warranty on your certified pre-owned mercedes-benz, you can drive as far as you want for up to five years and be covered. because only your authorized mercedes-benz dealer has the skilled technicians to certify that your pre-owned vehicle is up to mercedes-benz standards. visit the certified pre-owned sales event, now through august 31st and learn more about our unlimited mileage warranty - and how your confidence can be as unlimited as your mileage. mercedes-benz. the best or nothing.
6:54 pm
and i've never seen a better time to refinance your home, than this summer. why? because right now we're seeing our average customer
6:55 pm
save $20,000. but with the fed already talking about raising rates, this window will not last for long. lendingtree is the only place to compare up to 5 real refinance offers against your current mortgage - for free. are you sure you have the best rate? take 3 minutes and find out right now. because at lendingtree, when banks compete, you win.
6:56 pm
twith choices like the classicr. crab lover's dream and new favorites like dueling crab legs with dungeness and snow crab. it's happening right now right here at crabfest. red lobster. now this is seafood.
6:57 pm
>> it's time for one more thing. greg? >> i was texting a friend of mine about dinner. people are saying, why do you wear glasses with pink eye? because i wear contacts and you can't wear contacts with pink eye. my show tomorrow night will be a great one. that's nick searcy from "justified" and "fugitive." that's mike baker. it will be a barn-burner, as they say. metaphorically, we're not going to burn an actual barn. >> no. we were talking about that there is no bench for the democrats, but there is hope. in kansas, theres a fresh face running for governor. he's 16 years old. apparently in kansas there are laws that -- that's jack ferguson and his running mate is alexander klein. they're 16 and 17 years old. they're democrats. and under the rules they are allowed to run and so the national governor's association said, a-okay. democrats ought to get behind the kids. >> good for them.
6:58 pm
get in the arena. jesse? >> those kids will be on "watters world" next saturday night, but this saturday night, we have this guy. >> she's the hot sauce on my ribs. [laughter] she's the bacon grease in my collard greens. she's the fuse that sets off dynamite! >> that's jimmy walker from "good times." he's a trump supporter now. >> was that a clip from your interview when he's talking about ann coulter? >> no. [laughter] we also have professional cuddlers, who are cuddling people who have anxiety about the trump presidency. >> that's a shameless attempt for ratings. >> in the new-fangled offices,
6:59 pm
it's an open floorplan. people don't have offices, so harvard business school did a survey of 2,000 workers at a tech company who had offices in europe and the u.s. and they found that if you move your chair closer to the high performer you will increase your own output. >> i believe it. and everybody wanted to sit next to me in school. >> i want to sit next to you here. everybody was trying to move their chairs closer during the break. >> one time somebody copied my spelling test but also copied my name. and i got in trouble. >> retired navy chief steward andy mill, 102 years old, right there on your screen, a here 7 the battle of midway, just received an honor that's incredibly rare for living veterans. the navy just memorialized him 75 years after midway by naming
7:00 pm
barracks at coronado after him. chief stewart, we salute you. >> set your dvrs and never miss an episode of "the five." have a great weekend. >> we heard president trump deliver strong rhetoric about north korea. he and his top aides balanced all of that with efforts toll work the diplomatic side. his critics continue to say tha

41 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on